Events for 2014
Pasture to Plate Dinner- SOLD OUT*
Wednesday, June 18, 6–8 pm
Our Pasture to Plate evening exemplifies our love and passion for the land our ancestors purchased and cultivated for this our 222nd year of farming. We think sitting down and sharing our food right where it grows is the ultimate in outdoor dining. Krisztina Perron of The Wooden Spoon will be serving a delicious multi-course feast featuring our pasture raised, organic chickens and our fresh vegetables from our seasonal harvest on the Farm. Come dine with us, celebrate with friends, and give thanks for delicious, nutritious food.
$64.00 per person (tax included).
Saturday & Sunday, June 21 and June 22
Celebrate the Summer Solstice with over 130 vendors and indie artisans from across the country selling repurposed goods, vintage finds and salvaged pieces. Special guests and demonstrations.
Live music and fine foods. $5.00 Admission. Early Bird/VIP tickets $7.00
Visit www.mybazaarlife.com to preorder your tickets.
Sunday Brunch and Garden Tour for a Cure
Sunday, July 13, 10 am | Sunday, August 17, 10 am | Sunday, September 7, 10 am
Join us for a fabulous brunch with our Farm Caterer Krisztina from The Wooden Spoon Catering Company. Sunday mornings we have the whole Farm to ourselves, as we don’t open to the public till noon. So, we can enjoy our brunch then have a guided tour, strolling through our beautiful gardens with our coffee. This is a fun way to spend the morning with friends and help a good cause. Please sign up early!
All proceeds go to American Breast Cancer Society. $50 per ticket
Brandywine Valley Adventure | A Garden Bus Tour
Friday through Monday, July 18–21
Wilmington, DE, and Kennett Square, PA
• Deluxe motor coach transportation—sit back and relax!
• Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, features 1077 acres of gardens, woodlands and meadows. We will be experiencing Longwood Gardens Fireworks & Fountains Show! Longwood is one of the best gardens in the United States!
• Winterthur Garden and Museum—1,000 acres encompassing rolling hills, streams, meadows and forests. Founder Henry Francis du Pont (1880-1969) developed an appreciation of nature as a boy at Winterthur that served as the basis for his life's work in the garden. We will tour the renowned gardens of this American country estate. Currently showing in the Museum, from Masterpiece Classic’s international hit series Downton Abbey, “Costumes of Downton Abbey.”
• Nemours Mansion and Gardens, which recently underwent a $38 million renovation. The Nemours Mansion and Gardens is a 300-acre country estate with jardin à la française formal gardens and a classical French mansion located in Wilmington, Delaware. Nemours is the estate of Alfred I. du Pont.
• Wilmington’s waterfront and a 2-hour cruise on the River Queen
• Hagley Museum and Library, where the du Pont story begins.
This is a fabulous tour that really showcases the marvelous attractions in the Brandywine Valley area. Watch for more details on our website and click here to download an application form. Be sure to sign up soon as spaces are limited!
Pasture to Plate
Wednesday, September 17, 6–8 pm
Our Pasture to Plate evening exemplifies our love and passion for fresh seasonal food. Krisztina Perron of The Wooden Spoon will be serving a delicious multi-course feast featuring our pasture raised and our fall harvest of vegetables. Come dine with us, celebrate with friends and give thanks for nutritious food. More info will follow about this exciting dinner event—be sure to check our website and Facebook page! BOOK NOW to reserve your seats at this very tasty event, you would hate to miss out!
& The Vintage Bazaar Motorcycle Show
Saturday and Sunday, September 20 and 21
Celebrate the Autumnal Equinox with over 130 vendors and indie artisans from across the country selling repurposed goods, vintage finds and salvaged pieces.
The September Bazaar features The Vintage Bazaar Motorcycle Show! Special guests and demonstrations. Live music and fine foods. $5.00 Admission.
Early Bird/VIP tickets $7.00.
Sunday Night Supper
Sunday, September 28, 6–8 pm
“A Night in Tuscany” An authentic five-course Tuscan Dining Experience
Krisztina from The Wooden Spoon Catering Company will be our caterer.
We hope you will join us for the first in our series of Sunday Night Suppers.
More info will follow about this exciting dinner event – be sure to check our website and Facebook page
Winter Vintage Bazaar “Holiday Jubilee”
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 7, 8, and 9
Holidays show revival! We can’t wait to share more information on this event with you in the months to come! Stay tuned and mark your calendars!
Be sure to check our website and Facebook pages!
Winter’s Farmer’s Market at Pettengill Farm
Saturday, November 22, 10 am–2 pm | Saturday, December 13, 10 am–2 pm